Excursions: Mountain flight and post-conference travel
During and after the conference, several additional activities can be booked, which are described below. Please note, that none of these are part of the conference, and they are organized by external, local travel agencies.
Strict booking deadlines apply.
(1) One-hour mountain flight with Everest views.
The one-hour mountain flight, which leaves from Kathmandu, offers great views of the snow-capped chain of the Himalaya range including Mt. Everest. It leaves in the early morning from Kathmandu national airport. Costs are ~200 USD per person, including hotel pick-up. In case of bad weather, the flight will be re-scheduled or else the costs refunded.
(2) Post-conference 1-week trip to Bhutan.
A one-week sightseeing trip to Bhutan starts from Kathmandu on April 25th. In case of interest, please send email to email@example.com and we provide you with the trekking agency contact including the tour schedule and costs.
A strict booking deadline of February 15 applies.
(3) Trekking in Nepal, with Himalaya/Everest views:
- Everest View trek: Flight to Lukla, and ~5days trek to the sherpa town of Namche Bazar, with Everest views.
- Gokyo Lakes: Same as (a), but add several days to trek to the Gokyo lakes; one of the most popular hiking destinations for good views of the lakes, Everest and several other eigththousanders.
- Poon Hill: Flight to Pokhara, and few-days hike to Poon hill with mountian views of the Annapurna Himalaya range.
Those who have never hiked at high altitude, please note the following:
- Above altitudes of ~2500m, there is an enhanced risk of altitude sickness. It can take the form of temporary headaches, or can be more severe. It is recommended to consult your doctor before the trek.
- Accomodation is in simple lodges. The rooms are often without attached bath. The food is simple, even though different meals are available for choice.
- Flights can be delayed because of weather conditions, especially to Lukla. Therefore, planning 1-2 back-up days is very essential when booking the international flights. Optimal are international flights which have a re-booking option.
In case of interest, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we provide you with the trekking agency contact including the tour schedule and costs.
A strict booking deadline of January 30 applies.